m Matteo
on

Hi,

I have some problems with the validation rules AD0041, AD0042 and AD0043.

I validated some ADaM domains and the validator raised some format errors for all the date/time variables. I checked the formats of the variables and it seems that they are consistent with the ADaM requirements (DATE9., TIME5. and DATETIME19.)

Hereinafter I have reported an example of the error messages for the ADSL domain:

Domain|Record|Count|Variables|Values|OpenCDISC ID|Publisher ID|Message|Category|Severity
ADSL|||FORMAT, VARIABLE|DATE, RFSTDT|AD0041||*DT does not have the ADaM required SAS Date format|Format|Error
ADSL|||FORMAT, VARIABLE|TIME, RFSTTM|AD0042||*TM does not have the ADaM required SAS time format|Format|Error
ADSL|||FORMAT, VARIABLE|DATETIME, RFSTDTM|AD0043||*DTM does not have the ADaM required SAS Datetime format|Format|Error

and the output of the PROC contents for the variables RFSTDT, RFSTTM and RFSTDTM:

RFSTDT Num 8 DATE9.   Reference Period Start Date
RFSTTM Num 8 TIME5.   Reference Period Start Time
RFSTDTM Num 8 DATETIME19.   Reference Period Start Datetime

Forums: ADaM

m Michael
on December 30, 2014

The Changelog.txt for opencdisc lists the following

ADaM 1.0 version 1.1 (released 29-March-2012)

- Fixed   AD0041 to include all SAS (v9.3) formats for DATE (DT) (bug fix)

- Fixed   AD0042 to include all SAS (v9.3) formats for TIME (TM) (bug fix)

- Fixed   AD0043 to include all SAS (v9.3) formats for DATETIME (DTM) (bug fix)

For that release we introduced the following formats. Items such as DATE9 get matched against DATE.  I verified that this is not an issue with 1.5, however it is getting flagged in 2.0.   I'm investigating how this was recently introduced and will get back to you.

DATE

B8601DA, B8601DN , DATE, DAY, DDMMYY, DDMMYYB, DDMMYYC, DDMMYYD, DDMMYYN, DDMMYYP, DDMMYYS, DOWNAME, DTMONYY, E8601DA, JULDAY, JULIAN, MMDDYY, MMDDYYB, MMDDYYC, MMDDYYD, MMDDYYN, MMDDYYP, MMDDYYS, MMYY, MMYYB, MMYYC, MMYYD, MMYYN, MMYYP, MMYYS, MONNAME, MONTH, MONYY, PDJULG, PDJULI, QTR, QTRR, WEEKDATE, WEEKDATX, WEEKDAY, WEEKU, WEEKV, WEEKW, WORDDATE, WORDDATX, YEAR, YYMM, YYMMDD, YYMMDDB, YYMMDDC, YYMMDDD, YYMMDDN, YYMMDDP, YYMMDDS, YYMMB, YYMMC, YYMMD, YYMMN, YYMMP, YYMMS, YYMON, YYQ, YYQB, YYQC, YYQD, YYQN, YYQP, YYQS, YYQR, YYQRB, YYQRC, YYQRD, YYQRN, YYQRP, YYQRS

TIME

B8601LZ, B8601TM, B8601TZ, E8601LZ, E8601TM, E8601TZ, HHMM, HOUR, MMSS, TIME, TIMEAMPM

DATETIME

B8601DT, B8601DZ, DATEAMPM, DATETIME, DTDATE, DTWKDATX, DTYEAR, DTYYQC, E8601DN, E8601DT, E8601DZ, MDYAMPM, TOD

s Sergiy
on December 30, 2014

Hi Matteo, 

Thank you for reporting this bug in v2.0!

It will be fixed soon.

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy

j Joan
on February 5, 2015

Hi,

Can I assume from this exchange that the fix you will have for version 2 will capture the E8601 formats also?  Those ones sometimes fall through the cracks.  I remember these formats assignments getting fixed and included for an earlier version. However, now the false positive is coming up again in the new validator, when we're using correctly formatted and named variables. The format assignments to these dates are passing in 1.5 and not in 2.0

Thank you!

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.