a Alex
on

Dear team,

When I'm validating dataset with P21c, I found this app will create a "original" folder under my WHODD dict. folder as attached snapshot, seems INA.txt & DD.txt were backup and replaced by P21c, the size of these 2 files is not the same with my original one, I'm not sure why P21c would like to modified these 2 files, could you please help clarify and provide any support if we can fix it?

BTW, this issue occurs in both GUI and CLI.

Best regards & Merry Xmas!!!!

Attached Files

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

Matt
on December 21, 2023

Hello Alex,

At first validation, we convert the dictionary to the format digestible by the validator. During this process, the original file will go into the "original" folder.

Kind regards,

Matt

a Alex
on December 21, 2023

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, it really helps. In my case, the content in converted file is not the same with original one, especially the INA.txt became empty in WhoDD Chinese version, and the resport shows my CMDECOD didn't match with WhoDD, I'm not sure what happened, maybe encoding issue?

And one follow-up question, as you said, at first validation, you convert the dictionary to the format digestible by the validator. What if the second validation, will you copy the original dictionary back and convert again?

j Jozef
on December 22, 2023

In such a case, as a conscious sofware developer, I would adapt the software to be able to accept the native files. not the other way around.

Matt
on December 22, 2023

Hi Alex,

Thank you for including the initial screenshot which shows you are using the Chinese package for WHODD. The conversion is only done once, and all subsequent validations use the converted files. Regarding your case, I am discussing this with our team and will follow up accordingly.

Kind regards,

Matt

Matt
on January 5, 2024

Hi Alex,

I confirmed with our team we currently do not support WHODD in CN format. We are evaluating support for this format in the future.

Kind regards,

Matt

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.